Today marks my 17th anniversary of living and ministering here in Hungary. Here are 17 things I've learned (I've learned a lot more) in these years.
1. God's plans are different/better than mine
2. Mark 10:29-30 is TRUE!!
3. speaking another language has helped me see the world and the Scriptures
in a new light.
4. God is really, really good.
5. prayer is powerful!!!
6. I'm thankful for the advances in technology over the past 17 years that has
allowed for better connection with those "back home"
7. God has been faithful to take care of us (thank you to so many of you who
have joined with God to support us over the years)
8. serving Jesus in Szeged is an honor.
9. I've made mistakes (more than a few) but God's grace is bigger than my
10. doing the right thing isn't always easy.
11. seeing people leave is hard.
12. now is never the time to give up!
13. on the job training has been beneficial
14. nothing done for the kingdom of God is insignificant, no matter what you
15. dealing with people isn't always easy but it's always worth it.
16. neither life nor ministry are meant to be done alone.
17. sometimes you've just gotta take a "grace-filled" chance on people.