Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Tough love works

About 10 years ago I had to deal with a situation in our church where a young man was in gross, serious sin & was a danger to some people. After confronting him (with my then assistant Laci Németh) we implemented church discipline & told this young man to leave the church.

Tonight sitting at the Baptist church preparing to talk to the youth group on the subject "is it crazy to follow Jesus?" this man came up to me & said "thank you" then asked if I remember who he was. I told him that yes I remember. He proceeded to tell me that the best thing that happened in his life was us removing him from the church cause it was after that God got a hold of his life & broke him which led him to repentance. He's now walking with Jesus & has forsaken his old life.

I'm sitting here totally blessed that God touched this man's life & saved him & am thankful that making the hard decision was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment